MODembed is an experimental IDE aiming to provide a more advanced toolchain for embedded software development. It provides a model-based approach for defining the whole compilation process. The project aims to create a full-featured IDE which can support every aspect of an embedded system design using a model-based approach.
Based on Eclipse Modeling Framework, everything is described by EMF models
Compilation process is controled by ANT
The target architecture is described by a model, all tools are designed to be fully independent of the target
Tools to support disassembling programs are included
Architecture models and libraries are available for Microchip's PIC enchanced midrange (PIC16e) and high-end (PIC18) microcontrollers. Experimental support is started for MSP430 devices.
Free and open-source
MODembed is a personal hobby project, released under the Eclpse Public License v1.0.
MODembed continous integration builds are available to install as P2 update sites. Master branch builds can be installed through Eclipse Marketplace.
- On Github: https://github.com/balazsgrill/modembed
- Install from eclipse marketplace: https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/modembed
- Online help: http://modembed-onlinehelp.balazs-grill.cloudbees.net/index.jsp
- Nightly build update site: http://modembed-updatesite.balazs-grill.cloudbees.net
- On GitHub: https://github.com/balazsgrill/modembed/tree/development
- Online help: http://modembed-ci-onlinehelp.balazs-grill.cloudbees.net/index.jsp
- Nightly build update site: http://modembed-ci-updatesite.balazs-grill.cloudbees.net